to a few good brands
Conversion Strategist: CRO Training, Management & Consulting
Sell more products, more often, embracing a smarter approach to conversion optimisation
Helping People Buy Online Since 1996
CrazyEgg.com – One of 14 “Conversion Experts You Should Be Following”
UsabilityTool’s Hall of Fame – 32 “CRO Influencers That Rule Optimization”
One of the world’s “Top 25 Most Influential Conversion Rate Experts” by PPC Hero
Growth Funnel – “45 best CRO Experts to Skyrocket your website conversion”
Ecommerce Conversion Optimisation
customer-centred ⬝ data-informed ⬝ process-driven
I create and run continual conversion optimisation strategies for ambitious ecommerce brands.
Brands ready to use data and customer insights to learn how to make it easier to buy what they sell.
Ultimately, to drive profitability and reduce customer acquisition costs.
advanced product cross-sell & up-sell
actioning findings from user research and insights
extracting actionable data from Google Analytics
testing social proofing messaging
list growth & timed promotion strategies
taking advantage of product scarcity
continual process of A/B Testing
Better Use of Product Imagery & Video
optimised Cart Abandonment Campaigns across email & messenger
Optimising Email Welcome Sequences & Email Acquisition
Product Page Optimisation Techniques
Google Analytics & Channel Attribution Reporting
Advanced Email Marketing
Easing the checkout process
improving site navigation
segmented customer onboarding sequences
simplifying delivery & returns policies
“He is an e-commerce professional with a depth of expertise and is a pleasure to do business with. I would not hesitate in seeking his consulting services again on another project.”Mathew Wade - Head of Marketing - Gossard
LEADING THE OPTIMISATION PROCESS
customer-centred ⬝ data-informed ⬝ process-driven
The majority of our work together follows one of two common briefs:
‘The traffic’s good, we’re concerned about escalating acquisition costs and low conversion rates’‘.
‘The conversions are healthy, we know there’s still room for improvement as we scale up and increase AOV’‘.
The route we take, client by client, is always different.
The vast majority of our work focuses upon message. The words and imagery you use to retain attention and motivate actions. Through the entire customer journey.
Typically, our work together takes place across:
- CUSTOMER INSIGHT: Gathering key data to understand potential conversion roadblocks
- MARKETING TECHNOLOGY: Deciding the most appropriate tech that will aid your conversion process
- ACTIONABLE DATA: Making sure Google Analytics is providing the correct information to work with
- REMOVING CONVERSION ROADBLOCKS: Actioning the quick wins
- A/B TESTING PROCESS: Understanding why, what and where we can test response rates.
- DRIVING LIST GROWTH: A/B testing messaging, timing and personalisation
- REDUCING ABANDONED CARTS: Optimising automated flows using customer and product data to personalise messaging
- IMPROVING PRODUCT PAGE LAYOUT: Giving people easy access to the information they need
- COPYWRITING FOR CONVERSION: Building trust, removing anxiety and writing persuasive copy with absolute clarity
- PERSONALISATION: Actioning a plan to deliver a tailored website experience
- EDUCATING VISITORS: Using Email sequences to empower customers
- ESTABLISHING TRUST & EASING ANXIETY: Social proofing your website
- EMAIL SEGMENTATION & FUNNEL AUTOMATIONS: Building, testing and optimising new flows using email and messenger to drive profitable sales
The list goes on. You get the picture.
When necessary, I can introduce trusted freelance developers, ecommerce copywriters, designers and data analysts to offer you a full CRO service to collaborate with your in-house team.
The work we have done together has seen our online business go from strength to strength driving more traffic to our website and yet reducing our cost per conversion.David Winstanley - Managing Director - PramWorld.co.uk
20 YEARS LEARNING WHAT MAKES PEOPLE CLICK
My time in the ecommerce marketing world has been split between roles as an employer, employee and consultant;
- My career in digital marketing began in 1996 as Head of Marketing for one of the UK’s first pure eCommerce businesses.
- For 4 years I was the European Marketing Director for the world’s largest travel company.
- I launched my own retail startup which grew to £2m turnover in 3 years.
For the past 10 years I’ve dedicated my time to building my own strategic Ecommerce Growth consultancy. Working on short and long term projects holding a high level of accountability to profitable revenue growth and website optimisation for online retailers and direct-to-consumer brands.
The focus has always been on how we motivate people to take the actions that help grow revenue. The win/win.
I’ve worked as a CRO specialist with over 200 ecommerce clients. Fulfilling a wide variety of roles in an ever widening variety of markets. My work takes place alongside retail companies, direct-to-consumer startups and established brands alike.
It’s also what keeps you on your toes. It’s what ensures you never stop learning in this ever changing digital sales environment.
For my clients I provide a wealth of ecommerce marketing experience dating back to 1996. The days before Google. Remember them?
“Working with Ian is probably the best thing that has happened to us in the last 6 years”Rivki Stoll - Ecommerce Manager - Private White V.C.
CrazyEgg.com… one of the “14 conversion experts you should be following“