Growth Marketing Partner To The Ecommerce Business
Building and optimising a sustainable ecommerce growth programme for your retail business
Customer centred • Insight fuelled • Conversion driven
14 Conversion Experts You Should Be Following
32 CRO Influencers That Rule Optimization
One of the world’s Top 25 Most Influential Conversion Rate Experts
45 best CRO Experts to Skyrocket your website conversion
GROWING TRAFFIC • GROWING SUBSCRIBERS • GROWING SALES • GROWING BUSINESS
Growing businesses online since 1996
Hi, I’m Ian Rhodes – growth marketing partner to the online retail business
Ecommerce clients hire me to fuel business growth bringing a smarter, customer-centred process their ecommerce digital marketing.
Helping sell more products online without increasing your budget or slashing prices.
Blending creative and analytical skills across Search, Email, CRO and Google Analytics to fuel sustainable, profitable business growth
“Ian’s conversion optimisation strategy expertise helped us re-focus away from just generating site visits to driving conversion and revenue. He is a true conversion guru who will help you understand your online customers better than you ever thought possible.”
– Owen Whitehead – Head of Global Digital at TravelCounsellors.com
1.) POSITIONING FOR GROWTH
The foundations most businesses ignore.
1.) let’s get to know what’s happening on your website right now. I mean really get to know. Figuring out user journey and visitor intent will lay the foundations for our work. We can then prioritise how we attract your ideal customers to your website.
2.) are you creating a market you can grow or an existing market you can grow within? Let’s now consider how we position your business in the mind of your customer. This will lead our marketing agenda as we move forward.
- Google Analytics audit and review
- Ecommerce Technology & Marketing Automation software review
- Home, Category & Product page review
- Value proposition clarity review
- SEO and PPC impact review
- Implementing user session recordings
- Integrating heatmap, confetti and scroll mapping across desktop and mobile devices
- Buyer journey and checkout review and recommendation
- User testimonial and feedback usage
- Reduce site download time
- Competitor and market analysis
2.) TRAFFIC & SUBSCRIBER GROWTH
The SEO programme we build and run is customer-centred and conversion-aligned. Designing your content marketing strategy and accompanying landing pages to target specific audience niche and their pain points/challenges. Optimising your homepage, site navigation and product pages to help reach a new audience through Google search. We’ll adopt a blended audience growth strategy across:
- SEO (Google organic ranking)
- PPC (Google shopping ads feed & optimisation)
- Ecommerce Content Strategy
- Niche-targeted product landing Pages
- Email Strategy For Acquisition & Retention
- Creating Copy That Converts
Generating website traffic is easy. The real challenge is reaching your target audience. Your ideal customers. Building a defined offering that appeals. I don’t report on ‘visits’ – my worth to you is in generating real business…
3.) CONVERSION & RETENTION GROWTH
Your customers decision making is based on emotive response. So let’s get smarter in how we position your business and attract customers to your products through your sales copy. The creative side of marketing that differentiates you from the competition.
- Optimising your Conversion strategy (CRO) programme
- Running a Continual A/B Split Testing programme
- Using insight from Google Analytics & Session recording
- Improving site navigation (desktop & mobile)
- Enhancing forms and checkout process
- Managing automation tools and software
- Boosting email open and click thru rates
- Optimising email onboarding and welcome strategy
- Making better use of contextual website and product imagery
- Copywriting for conversion across the customer journey
- Enhancing post-sales customer communication
- Refining customer retention and upsell process
We’ll put in place a structure and process that will increase productivity and conversion success.
MY DIGITAL BACKGROUND
I’ve been growing ecommerce businesses for 20 years.
Finding my feet at a startup online retailer in 1996. Moving on to Priceline.com as European Marketing Director, an innovator who are now the worlds largest travel company.
I then launched my own retail business in 2004. From scratch and bootstrapped. Doing the things you’ve done. Balancing time and energy marketing my business and running my business.
For the past 7 years my time has been dedicated to my ecommerce consulting business, working alongside clients, large and small, to figure out how to motivate more people to buy through their website. The art and science of business growth.
“When it comes to building a digital brand, there’s no one I trust more than Ian Rhodes.”
Kathryn Aragon – Crazy Egg
WHAT’S THE VALUE OF GROWTH MARKETING?
How would 1,2… maybe 3 more orders out of every 100 visits impact your bottom line?
When your sole focus is on traffic growth you’re missing out on where the magic happens. Your website.
My focus is on how we motivate your website visitors to take action and how to make their journey through your website easier. A blended, strategic approach to traffic and revenue growth. Firstly, we ask what we can we do to motivate more people to buy from you? Then we unlock traffic growth.
How I help ecommerce businesses thrive online through a blending approach to search, email and conversion strategy. Fuelled by data. Driven by insight.
Here’s what I’ve found. No amount of effort updating your SEO, product feeds, social media updates and Instagram shares outweigh the time you spend mastering your communication through your website and email. Seriously. If your sole focus is bringing people to your store, it’s a fruitless task.
That’s why we start our work together at the foundations. Building your brand and establishing your marketing agenda.
I help you build your audience by understanding your audience. Truly understanding your audience. We’ll get our fingers dirty working Google Analytics, figuring out exactly what’s taking place on your website. We then align the product you sell to your audience’s needs. We make what you make (or sell) matter.
10 WAYS TO TELL IF WE’RE A GOOD FIT
- My ecommerce growth programme clients are typically owner-led businesses. Product makers and niche retailers. You may or may not already have marketing staff. If you do, they’ll need direction and advice. I’m on hand to provide it.
- I work with ecommerce business owners who are there for the long-haul. Entrepreneurs and founders more interested in sustainable profitable growth than the get-rich-quick and get out.
- My clients are ecommerce businesses that value their customers. Know their customers. Businesses built on behalf of their customers.
- I have to believe in the product or service you’re selling. Whether premium brands or innovative products. We have to share an understanding that there’s a demand for what you do.
- I don’t work with copy-cat retailers or makers. I’m interested in marketing innovation, not replication.
- The majority of my clients are UK-based. I do partner with clients in Europe and North America too.
- As their Growth Marketer, I work with a select group of clients. No more than 8 at anyone time. I don’t work with businesses in the same industry as my existing clients.
- My intention is to work intensively with you for 6-12 months. To establish your growth strategy and build traction. I want you to successfully manage your marketing internally long-term. At this stage my role shifts from growth marketing partner to advisor as we progress.
- My fees range from £650 – £1950 per month. I will explain how your costs are structured during our call.
- I don’t hold my clients to a long-term contract or outsource any of my work.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP TO FUELLING ECOMMERCE GROWTH
Drop me a line in the form below, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on +44(0)7545 822460. I’d love to hear about your retail business (or plans). Let’s work together to grow your ecommerce sales online.